top of page


The Orange Police Department is committed to providing the highest quality police service to the Town of Orange. Have a specific question for us? Find out if it’s been answered below.

  • How do I get a copy of a police report?
    The Records Division distributes reports. They are open from 9:00am to 4:00pm Monday through Friday (Closed Weekends and Holidays.) Reports are $0.50 per page. A typical accident report is 8 to 12 pages. We DO NOT fax or email any police records. If you would like a report mailed to you, send your request along with payment and a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: Orange Police Department P.O. Box 617, Orange CT. 06477, Attn: Records Be sure to include your case number. Please be advised that some reports will not be available for public dissemination.
  • I got a parking ticket in Orange. How do I pay?
    Parking tag payments can be made via mail or in person at the Records Division office at Police Headquarters. Please be advised that the Orange Town Ordinances require that payment be made within forty-eight (48) hours, or the fines double. Failure to pay parking fines can result in arrest. Payment must be made with cash or check. Credit Cards are not accepted. For questions on reports, please email us at
  • How do I get fingerprinted?
    The Records Division provides fingerprinting services for Orange Town residents, or people being hired by the Town of Orange. There is a $5.00 per card charge for this service. Fee is waived for Town of Orange employees. Fingerprinting is done by appointment only, as scheduling allows. You must provide your own fingerprint cards. Please call 203-891-2134 to schedule your appointment.
  • How do I get a record check for myself or someone else?
    The Records Division can check the criminal history files of our police department when provided with a name and date of birth. Please be advised that we can only check our own department files. An entire statewide record check can be obtained through the Connecticut State Police. We can provide the forms to obtain a record check from the State Police. Please visit during our office hours or click here to download the form.There is a $10.00 fee for this service.
  • I've been told I need a permit from the Police Department. Where can I get one?
    The Records Division process the following permits: Pistol Permits, Firearms Discharge, Consumption of Alcohol on Town Property, Vendors, Peddlers, Raffles, Bazaars, Massage Establishments, Masseurs/Masseuses, Adult-oriented businesses, Purchase of precious metals/stones. All permit applications are available at the Records Division office during regular business hours.
  • Why do the police use radar and enforce traffic laws?
    The police are charged with enforcing the laws. Officers respond to both complaints from the community and to their own observations of violations. Going "just a little" over the speed limit or going through that red light late at night can have disastrous results. Motor vehicle accidents result in significant amounts of property damage and personal injuries each year. We care about you and would like to try to reduce those losses.
  • What should I do if I am stopped?
    As you should expect the officer to be courteous, he or she appreciates your cooperation as well. You should remain in your vehicle and wait for the officer. Please turn down your radio and don't reach around for your paperwork. This only causes concern for the officer that you may be hiding something or reaching for a weapon. Remember the officer has no idea who he/she is about to speak with. You should never exit your vehicle unless the officer requests that you do so. You know you are just on your way home from the supermarket, the officer does not. Today's criminal does not have a certain "look." He or she can look like "the person next door" and the officer has no way of knowing if he/she is stopping a corporation executive officer late for a meeting, a parent picking up a sick child from school, or "the person next door" who just robbed a local bank.
  • Can I report something anonymously?
    Yes! However we would encourage your cooperation as it often helps the officer to better investigate your report. You know your neighborhood better than anyone. If you see something that just does not seem right, we encourage you to trust your instincts and call the police department. If you absolutely do not wish to leave your name an officer will still investigate your call.
  • What should I do if I am given a ticket?
    Everyone issued a traffic ticket or charged with a crime has the opportunity to plead not guilty and provide their explanation to the court. You can request a court date where you or your attorney will have the opportunity to state your case. The court makes the final decision as to guilt or innocence. You may also choose to pay any state fine imposed. For applicable violations there are instructions on the reverse side of the ticket both on how to plead not guilty and obtain a court date or how to mail in the state fine.
bottom of page